Star Wars is one of the most iconic movie franchises in history, and it has spawned a massive industry of merchandise and collectibles. One of the most popular types of Star Wars collectibles is action figures. These figures come in a wide variety of styles and sizes, and they are highly sought after by collectors all over the world. In this article, we will take a closer look at Star Wars figures and provide a comprehensive guide to collecting them.
The History of Star Wars Figures
The first Star Wars figures were released by Kenner in 1978, a year after the release of the first movie. These figures were 3.75 inches tall and featured five points of articulation. They were an instant hit with fans, and Kenner went on to release hundreds of different figures over the next decade. Today, these early figures are highly prized by collectors, and some of them can fetch thousands of dollars on the secondary market.
In the years since Kenner’s original release, many other companies have produced Star Wars figures, including Hasbro, Funko, and Sideshow Collectibles. These figures come in a wide variety of sizes and styles, from small 2.5-inch figures to large-scale statues that can be several feet tall.
Types of Star Wars Figures
There are many different types of Star Wars figures available, each with its own unique features and characteristics. Here are some of the most popular types:
1. 3.75-inch Figures – These are the classic Star Wars figures that were first released by Kenner in 1978. They are still produced today by Hasbro and other companies, and they remain popular with collectors.
2. 6-inch Figures – These larger figures feature more detail and articulation than the 3.75-inch figures. They are also produced by Hasbro and other companies.
3. Black Series Figures – The Black Series is a line of highly detailed 6-inch figures produced by Hasbro. These figures are highly sought after by collectors and often sell out quickly.
4. Vintage Collection Figures – The Vintage Collection is a line of figures that are designed to look like the original Kenner figures from the 1970s and 1980s. They are highly detailed and come in vintage-style packaging.
5. Funko Pop Figures – Funko Pop is a line of vinyl figures that feature a distinctive, stylized design. They have become extremely popular with collectors in recent years, and there are many different Star Wars characters available.
Collecting Star Wars Figures
Collecting Star Wars figures can be a fun and rewarding hobby, but it can also be overwhelming for beginners. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Set a Budget – Star Wars figures can range in price from a few dollars to several hundred dollars or more. It’s important to set a budget for yourself and stick to it.
2. Focus on a Theme or Character – With so many different figures available, it can be helpful to focus on a particular theme or character. For example, you might decide to collect only figures from the original trilogy or only figures of your favorite character.
3. Research Prices – Before making a purchase, it’s important to research prices to make sure you’re getting a good deal. Websites like Amazon  and Target  are good places to start.
4. Buy from Reputable Sellers – When buying Star Wars figures online, it’s important to buy from reputable sellers to avoid scams or counterfeit products. Websites like Hasbro Pulse  and Sideshow Collectibles are good places to buy from.
The Future of Star Wars Figures
With new Star Wars movies and TV shows being released regularly, it’s clear that the demand for Star Wars figures will continue for many years to come. Hasbro and other companies are constantly releasing new figures, and there are always new characters and designs to look forward to.
In conclusion, Star Wars figures are a fun and rewarding collectible for fans of the franchise. Whether you’re a seasoned collector or just starting out, there are many different types of figures to choose from, and there’s always something new to look forward to.